After some thefts were known in campers, in which the sleepers were anesthetized with anesthetic gas, gas alarm be installed more often.
The gas alarm warns with a loud audible alarm when the appropriate gas is measured at a very slight concentration from the sensor. The alarm causes the occupant will be already aroused before so much gas can be directed into the vehicle that the occupant be stunned.
In caravans sometimes accidents happen when the carbon monoxide content was too high. This usually happens at very old and defective gas equipment and a sealed forced ventilation.